We offer internships at our London office in Digital, Marketing, Graphics, Sales and Production. In addition, we currently have the following full time job vacancies.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter and desired job role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENIOR DESIGNER, ESSENTIALS - LONDON, UK
Galvan is offering an exciting new position for a talented Senior Designer to join its London team and help launch a new line of ready-to-wear “Essentials” for the fast-growing brand.
The Senior Designer will work closely with Design, Product Development, and Sales/Merchandising on the product strategy, development and design of the new womenswear line. The Senior Designer will also be responsible for ensuring that each Essentials collection is brought to market in a timely and profitable manner. A background in commercial, trend-driven and product-led design is required.
- Lead the entire design process for the new Essentials line, ensuring that designs are in keeping with Galvan’s brand DNA and meet the approval of the Design Director and Creative Director. This includes managing the creative process from start to finish: defining concepts and inspirations; researching themes, colours, and fabrics; conducting market research; designing and sketching; and leading the sample room from first toile to final sample.
- Work with the CEO and Sales Director to develop concepts and a collection plan for Essentials that meet the business objectives of the brand.
- Work closely with Design and Product Development on the development of new textiles and trims for the Essentials line.
- Produce sketches and construction pages for all designs within the Essentials collection, as well as create rolling presentation boards.
- Follow up prototype development and oversee fittings.
- Manage the collection plan and ensure that it is in line with the approved structure and business strategy.
- Manage the critical path for Essentials to ensure that deadlines are met and products are delivered on time to market.
- Meet costing goals; adhere to margin goals and target price points.
- Represent Design during Sales and Merchandising meetings.
- Coordinate and manage together with the Collection Manager a small team of pattern-cutters and sample machinists to control the sampling process for each Essentials collection and ensure coherence with the overall brand direction.
- BA in Fashion Design
- 6+ years of experience in womenswear
- Strong experience with women’s cut & sew
- Strong product development experience
- Exceptional technical knowledge, plus the ability to explain effectively and clearly
- Excellent relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, freelancers and developers who would be appropriate for the Essentials line and whom you trust to introduce to the brand
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CS, MS Excel, and MS Office Suite
- Experience working with overseas factories, agents and vendors
- Experience working with knit fabrics
- Advanced fabrication and technique application knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships between departments
- A keen eye for trends and knowledge of current industry standards/developments
- Ability to time manage, juggling responsibilities and addressing tasks without direction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects while adhering to deadline